Grilled Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
4 large portobello mushroom caps
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Organic pizza sauce
Mozzarella or Italian cheese (preferably raw-milk, grass-fed)
Optional toppings: red or green pepper, frozen spinach (thawed), crushed red pepper flakes, fresh basil, onion, etc.
1. Clean the mushroom caps, scoop out the gills, and dry the mushrooms.
2. Heat the grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees). Rub both sides of the mushroom caps with EVOO and sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, and black pepper, to taste.
3. Place the mushrooms, bowl-side down, on the grill for about 7-8 minutes.
4. Remove mushrooms to a plate and add in pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, mozzarella or Italian cheese, and any of the optional toppings you desire. I chose to add frozen spinach (that I had thawed), chopped green pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
5. Place mushrooms back on the grill (topping side up of course), and grill an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. That's it! Eat it with a fork or like a piece of pizza and Enjoy :)!