BBQ Chicken on the Grill
Thigh and leg chicken pieces with bones (about 4 lbs)
2 Tbsp sea salt
2 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp Weber seasoning (I used Kick'n Seasoning)
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
about 1/2 bottle natural barbecue sauce (I used Hot & Spicy Weber sauce)
1. In a small bowl, stir together sea salt, paprika, seasoning, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
2. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Season both sides of the chicken very liberally with the seasoning. Cover chicken and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or for the full day (the longer the better).
3. Preheat only the half of the grill to 350 degrees. Use a paper towel with some olive oil on it to oil the grill rack.
4. Place chicken on the half of the grill that has NOT been heated. Flip and rotate the chicken around the non-heated part of the grill to cook all of the pieces evenly for about 25-30 minutes (moving the pieces closer to the heat then away from it). The skin of the chicken should be golden brown and the internal thermometer should register 150 degrees.
5. Apply the barebecue sauce generously on both sides of the chicken for about 10 more minutes, until the sauce becomes thick, syrupy, and carmelized. The internal part of the chicken should measure 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
5. Remove the chicken from the grill and let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes. (Sorry there is no picture of the finished product!! I will take one next time we make it!)
6. Enjoy!! :)