Peach & Berry Cobbler
1 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. + 2 Tbsp sucanat
1 1/2 tsp honey
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. organic or raw mlk
5 Tbsp butter (softened)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 c. cold water
3 c. fresh peaches, sliced (about 6 or 7)
1 c. fresh blueberries
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together topping: Combine 1 c. flour, 1/2 c. sucanat, 1 tsp honey, and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder. Add in 1/2 c. milk and 4 Tbsp butter and stir until smooth.
3. Slice up peaches. In a medium saucepan, combine 1/4 c. sucanat, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, 1/2 c. cold water, peaches, and blueberries. Cook on medium heat, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Add 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Stir for a few minutes until butter melts.
4. Pour fruit mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish Spoon the topping in mounds over top of the fruit mixture.
5. Mix together 2 Tbsp sucanat with 1/2 tsp honey and nutmeg. Sprinkle the topping with this sucanat mixture.
6. Bake the cobbler for about 35 minutes until bubbly. Serve the cobbler warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
7. Enjoy!! :)