This salad was adapted from a recipe on the back of the Bare Chicken Tenders package (we buy this kind of chicken at our local Dierbergs). It is a nice light salad, full of flavor, but also filling at the same time. It is a great weeknight meal because it isn't too heavy and only takes 20-30 minutes to make. Hope you try it soon!
Bistro Chicken Tenders Salad
About 1 lb. chicken tenders
1/4 c. dijon mustard
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp raw honey
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
5-6 c. mixed salad greens
2 carrots, shredded
1 Tbsp parsley, dill, or cilantro
Optional toppings: thinly sliced red onion, crumbled goat cheese, or toasted walnuts
1. In a small bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, honey, EVOO, garlic, salt, pepper, and tarragon.
2. Place chicken tenders in a ziploc bag along with 1/2 of the vinaigrette. Mix together well, seal ziploc bag, and let the chicken set for at least 10 minutes.
3. Heat a medium-sized skillet to medium-high heat. Place chicken in a single layer in the chicken (discarding any marinade left in the bag) and cook about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Set the chicken aside to rest.
4. While the chicken cooks, shred up the carrots and cut up any additional toppings for your salad. Mix the salad together using your additional toppings, carrots, and herbs.
5. Serve the salad with your desired amount of dressing using the remainder of the vinaigrette and a few pieces of the chicken on each salad. Enjoy!! :)