1 c. almonds
1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 c. ground flaxseed
1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp coconut oil
Optional extras: add at least 1 c. of extras, depending on your tastes. These can be chopped nuts, chia seeds, dried fruit, cacoa nibs, or mini chocolate chips. (I like to use chia seeds, raisins, chopped dates, and Enjoy Life chocolate chips).
1. In a food processor, grind up almonds into fine pieces.
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl: ground almonds, coconut flakes, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and sea salt.
3. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stovetop. Whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and egg in a small bowl.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then, add in the 1 c. of your optional extras and mix together.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place cookies in small mounds on the parchment paper. Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees until they are lightly browned.