Sweet Potato Brownies
1 small sweet potato
1/4 c. Coconut oil
1/3 c. Raw honey
1/4 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa (we like Dagoba)
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. Mini chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life and they are dairy, nut, and soy free)
1. Wash the sweet potato and poke a few holes in it with a fork. Wrap it in a small piece of foil and cook it in a 425 degree oven for about 25 minutes, or until it feels soft or a fork easily pokes through it.
2. Allow the sweet potato to cool. Once it is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and place the potato in a large bowl.
3. Mash the sweet potato well with a fork.
4. Melt the coconut oil on the stovetop or in the microwave.
5. Whisk together the 3 eggs in a small bowl and then add in the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
6. Add the egg mixture to the sweet potato and whisk until smooth, without lumps.
7. Add in the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips) one at a time, using the whisk to incorporate each while keeping the batter smooth.
8. Fold in the chocolate chips.
9. Using some coconut oil on a paper towel, grease a small square baker (8x8 works well) and add the batter to the baker.
10. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Allow the brownies to cool so they can setup well. Enjoy!!