Baked Greek Spaghetti
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 medium onion - chopped
1 garlic clove - minced
1 lb. brown rice pasta (any type works)
2 jars tomato sauce (most don't contain gluten, but check the label to make sure)
1 (6 oz) package low-fat feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Fill a large saucepan 2/3rds of the way full and heat on high to bring to a boil.
2. Chop up the onion and garlic. Add the ground turkey, onion, and garlic to the skillet and brown until turkey is cooked through. Drain off any excess liquid with a spoon.
3. When the water in the saucepan begins boiling, add the pasta and boil about 3 or 4 minutes LESS than the package directions. Note: Be careful not to over cook the pasta. Drain.
4. Mix the turkey, onion, garlic, pasta, half the feta cheese, and tomato sauce together in a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with remaining feta cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Disclosure: Gluten-free has become important to many people as a healthier option for their bodies, but some people are allergic to gluten. If you are allergic to gluten, please be sure to check all labels of foods before using them to ensure you are not eating something containing gluten or prepared in a factory where there might be cross-contamination with gluten products.