Veggie Snack Bars
1/2 loaf bread dough (see my recipe for homemade bread or buy premade whole wheat dough at the store)
1/2 c. nonfat greek yogurt
4 oz. light cream cheese
1 Tbsp Ranch Dressing mix *(find a natural one at the store or use the recipe below)
1/2 c. grape tomatoes - quartered
1/2 c. bell pepper (yellow or orange) - chopped
1 c. broccoli - chopped
1/2 c. green onion - sliced
2 c. sharp cheddar cheese- shredded
*Ranch Dressing Mix (makes 1 Tbsp):
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1. Prepare bread dough on dough cycle in breadmaker or in a stand mixer (see Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Bread recipe for more information). Remove dough from breadmaker, flour a board and roll out to 9"x13" size and place in a 9"x13" casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let rise for a final 30 minutes.
2. Cook dough in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Let dough cool.
3. Mix together cream cheese, greek yogurt, and ranch dressing mix in a small bowl. Spread mixture on top of bread.
4. Cut up the vegetables (tomatoes, bell pepper, broccoli, and green onion) and sprinkle on top of cream cheese mixture.
5. Shred the sharp cheddar cheese (or use pre-shredded cheese) and sprinkle on top of the vegetables.
6. Refrigerate & Enjoy!