These cookies are adapted from the cookbook "Healthy Treasures Cookbook" by Annette Reeder, I have made most of the items in her book and love it! I highly recommend it. These cookies use all natural ingredients, with no refined flour or refined sugar. We had friends over for dinner on Saturday, so I wanted to make a special treat for them! Enjoy :)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
1/2 c. natural peanut butter (I used Justin's)
1/2 c. organic butter
1 c. sucanat
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c. hard whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 c. dark chocolate chips/chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter, sucanat, egg, and vanilla until smooth on medium speed.
3. Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt until thoroughly mixed.
4. Add in chocolate chips and mix together briefly on low speed.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and arrange on a large ungreased cookie sheet. Press the top with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
6.. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool & Enjoy!!