Jalapeno, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 oz. spinach
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
1/3 c. goat cheese
Salt & pepper
1/3 c. whole wheat breadcrumbs
1. Mince garlic. Heat 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic.
2. After cooking the garlic a couple of minutes, add all of spinach to the pan. Mix the spinach around well to coat with the garlic and oil. Put the lid on the skillet for 2 minutes. Mix together again and cook another 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and coated.
3. Remove from heat, and mix in a small bowl with goat cheese and jalapenos.
4. Split open the side of the chicken breasts to create an opening for stuffing it with the cheese mixture.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In another small shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, and some salt and pepper (to taste).
6. Stuff chicken with the cheese mixture and use toothpicks to hold it closed. Dip chicken in egg then roll in breadcrumbs (being careful not to lose your filling).
7. Place chicken in a casserole dish, top with a few sliced jalapenos, and cook at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. I served this with my Mango Quinoa Salad (see recipe here), but it would be great with any vegetable and/or starch.