Sunday, March 10, 2013

Guacamole

One of my go-to appetizers and quick snacks is guacamole. I have tweaked and experimented with my guacamole over the years, and honestly love mine over any other I have had ;). You may find your favorite combination is something different, but here is a starting point. I would also like to say that although avocados have fat in them, this is the healthy type of fat that your body needs, so as always, all things in moderation and enjoy! I have also included some pictures at the end of some salsas I served on the side as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

Guacamole:



Ingredients:
2 avocados (you want them to be a little soft when you squeeze the outside, but not too soft).
1/4 c. chopped tomato
1/4 c. chopped onion (red or yellow)
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp lime juice

Directions:
1. Cut avocados in half (cut around pit). Open it up, scoop out the pit, and discard. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the avocado and add to your bowl.







2. Chop tomato and onion into small chunks (you can use more or less tomatoes or onion to your taste). Add them to the bowl.
3. Sprinkle in cumin and cilantro.
4. Squirt a little lime juice over mixture. I only use a little because the lime juice can be overbearing if you use too much. The lime juice adds flavor but will also keep your avocado from browning while it sits out.



5. Now using a fork, mash avocados and stir up the guacamole. Serve with tortilla chips or veggies. (Note: you want to buy chips with non-GMO corn in it. I usually buy blue corn chips that say non-GMO on the label).



6. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment