Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Banana Fudge

This recipe is based off the recipe for Clean Eating Banana Walnut Fudge from The Gracious Pantry.  My sister-in-law has made this a couple of times for us and shared the recipe with me! I changed a few things here and there, but I hope you try it soon! It's super fast and easy to make.  I love these sweet desserts that I don't feel guilty about eating! This fudge is made with banana, but the banana isn't overpowering in the fudge, in case you aren't too found of bananas.

Banana Fudge
(makes 16-20 pieces)


Ingredients:
1/2 c. coconut oil
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 c. dried fruit (dates, raisins, prunes, figs, etc) - I used figs & raisins
1 medium ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: chopped walnut or unsweetened coconut flakes

Directions:
1. Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan.  When melted, take the oil off the burner and slowly whisk in the cocoa until smooth.



2. In a food processor, blend banana, dried fruit, and vanilla. Add cocoa mixture and continue blending until smooth.



3. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper.  Pour mixture into the baking dish and smooth over.


4. Refrigerate fudge for at least 2 hours to harden, and keep stored in the refrigerator.  When hardened, sprinkle the top with chopped nuts and/or coconut flakes.  Cut into 16-20 small pieces & enjoy! :)



1 comment: