Sorry it has been a little bit since I have posted some recipes for you all! I have been very busy, but don't worry, I will be posting a lot this week :). This morning I was super hungry and wanted to use up my ripe bananas! These are easy to make, filling, and full of protein. I adapted this recipe from "Healthy Treasures" cookbook. Make them soon!!
Power Packed Pancakes
(serves 4 - makes 6 to 8 pancakes)
1 c. milk
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp. wheat germ
3/4 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. protein powder
1 ripe banana, or other fruit
chocolate chips or blueberries (optional)
1. Mix egg, milk, and melted coconut oil together in a small bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together wheat germ, flour, salt, protein powder, and baking powder.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients together, mixing slowly with a spoon or whisk.
4. Mash the banana with a fork and mix into the rest of the ingredients. Let the mixture sit for 10-30 minutes to let the flour soak.
5. Heat a skillet or flat griddle to medium heat (350 degrees on the griddle).
6. Pour 1/3 c. - 1/2 c. of batter onto griddle or skillet and cook about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through and browned on the outside. If desired, add chocolate chips or blueberries to pancakes while cooking the first side., before flipping.
7. Serve with some real maple syrup, butter, whipped cream, or whatever you desire :)
8. Enjoy! :)