Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Berries & Homemade Whipped Cream Parfaits

This past weekend, we had some family over for dinner and I wanted to make a quick and light dessert.  On Friday, I received some yummy blueberries from Green Bean Delivery and bought some farm fresh strawberries from our local Farmer's Market on Saturday. So, I decided to make these parfaits layered with some light and fluffy homemade whipped cream. If I were thinking ahead a little bit better, I would have bought some raw cream from my distributor, but I will have to remember for next time! I am planning on making this dessert for our Memorial Day party (it'll be a great red, white, & blue dessert!).  Hope you make them soon!

Berries & Homemade Whipped Cream Parfaits
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
3 c. berries (I used blueberries & strawberries), cut into bite-size pieces
1 c. heavy whipping cream (preferrably organic and/or raw)
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp organic sugar

Directions:
1. Clean berries and cut into bite size pieces, if needed.  Put berries in a bowl, add sugar and stir well.  Set bowl aside for at least 30 minutes to break down the berries a little bit.

2. When the berries are ready, you can make the whipped cream.  Pour cream and maple syrup into a stand mixer and mix on high until whipped cream forms (about 5 minutes).

3.  Layer glasses (I used margarita glasses) with a little whipped cream on the bottom, a layer of berries, another layer of whipped cream, and then a few more berries on top.  Make sure to get a little bit of the berry juice in each glass.  That's it! Enjoy :)













No comments:

Post a Comment