This post is part of the Fight Back Fridays on Food Renegade, a place to share new recipes, ideas, etc. for all of you food renegades out there!
Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cobbler
2 c. rolled oats
1 c. pecans
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
zest of 1/2 lime
3 Tbsp butter
3 medium sized bananas
2 c. blueberries, frozen or fresh
2 c. raw or organic milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c. pure maple syrup
Oil for greasing (butter or coconut oil work well)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter.
2. Take about 3/4 c. of the pecans and ground very finely, I ground mine up in my vitamix. Mix pecans with oats, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, sea salt, baking powder, and zest of a 1/2 lime in a large bowl.
3. Grease a 9x13" pan (or equivalent size) with coconut oil or butter.
4. Slice up bananas and place slices in a single layer on the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with 1 1/2 c. of blueberries.
5. Then, top the blueberries with the oats mixture.
6. Mix together milk, melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Pour evenly over top of the oats mixture in the casserole dish.
7. Finally, chop up the remaining pecans and sprinkle the top of the oatmeal with chopped pecans, remaining 1/2 c. blueberries and remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
8. Bake oatmeal in 375 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.